As mentioned previously, I have fourteen major 1:6th modeling projects and I thought it might be nice to mention them all here. Then as I continue to blog, I will add detail...
1. Finish 1870's Cavalry unit and horses. This unit is comprised of a supply wagon with driver and assistant and mule team, four escorting troopers on horseback. To date all soldiers are completed, wagon and team are completed and one of the four horses. It also looks like I might be getting some additional troopers, so that will change the size of the unit.
2.Ten to Twelve cowboys and up to ten horses with western saddles. These cowboys will include ranch hands, gun fighter, blacksmith, saloon keeper and other locals. At this point in time I have maybe half of this project completed on the figures, none of the horses are done.
3. Ft. Thomas Diorama 2013 - This project actually will be done in conjunction with projects one and two and must be completed by November 1st. This part of the project includes detailing, painting and weathering 4 building flats as well as a open air blacksmith stall. Gray Ghost will be putting the initial flats and supporting boardwalks together and I will be doing the rest. I have already designed the buildings; there will be a livery, a saloon, a bank and a general store. This will provide the background for our Cavalry/Western display.
4. Backdating an AH-6 Little Bird to an Oh-6 Cayuse to create a more accurate Vietnam gun/recon ship. This includes correcting and super detailing the cabin and creatine the proper tail section and 4 blade rotor configuration. Finally, I will add a realistic crew, using slightly smaller figures for a better fit. So far I have created plans for a corrected instrument panel, and decal art. The helo has been taken apart of modifying.
5. Sd.kfz 222 German armored car project. This project involves taking a pre-built Panzer Jaun 222 and detailing, repainting and weathering it. I have already written in more detail about this project below. This project has not been started.
6. Panzer III Tank. This project involves the detailing, painting and weathering of a Panzerwerks Panzer III. I have not started this project.
7. Sd.kfz 250/3 German Half Track. This project is intended as a replacement for the 250/3 that I traded to Cory Lord in 2012. My intend is to create exactly the same vehicle as what I had, though I made finish it differently. I am half considering finishing it as Rommel's 250.
8. Dragon Desert SAS Jeep kit - Build, detail and weather
9. Sd.kfz 250 - this is a second Armor Hobbies kit that I have and am considering building as a trade or sale vehicle. I may already have a deal in place on this one, I'm actually not sure.
10. U.S. M5 Stuart Tank Refresh. My Stuart kitbashes were done a long time ago. The Stuart came out in 2000 and I am betting that I had done all of my kitbashes by 2001, so the modeling is at least twelve years old. I would like to improve the detail, repaint and re-weather this tank, so that it is at the same level as the improved crew that now calls it home.
11. White Scout Car - My scout car is the same as the day it came out of the box. I have never done anything to it. I would like to detail, repaint and weather it so that it fits in with the unit that the above Stuart is part of. Additionally, there is a Jeep that is also part of this unit and it needs the same level of detailing and weathering.
12. British Stuart - I have a second Stuart that I want to rework into a British M5, complete with crew and appropriate markings. I have done the art for the markings, and have the crew, but have not begun the rework yet.
13. Scratchbuilt an M-113 for Vietnam era figures and comic story. This would only happen if I were able to work out the trade for the sd.kfz 250 and obtain a Bradley (for its running gear). I might not have to do this project if that trade doesn't happen.
14. Come up with an interior for my Hairy Putter series spaceship. This really needs to be at the top of my list as I can't go any further with the comic until the set is done. I sort of have some ideas about this one and I am thinking that a Steampunk look will give me the right amount of magical/muggle technology that I am looking for.
Well, those are the fourteen major projects. As we move forward with the project diary, I will get into more detail on each of them as I not only plan, but work through
POINT MAN'S PROJECT